GanttDiva is a free, fully customizable, Excel based Project scheduling software with an easy to learn interface to simplify the task of creation and maintenance of a project schedule. GanttDiva is more than just a Gantt chart template. You can not only create a gantt chart in Excel using GanttDiva – it is also simple to create a full project plan (several sample project plans are included) and using its built in analytics, it is easy to update and monitor project progress. You also have all the capability of Excel including the ability to enter formulas, comments and formatting information into almost all GanttDiva fields.
GanttDiva is very easy to configure using its Options Dialog, and can support projects with up to 3000 activities.
Use it to create schedules and track progress for your company, small team, renovation projects or for any project that you can think of. GanttDiva calculates your resource needs based on your latest status updates and its autofiltering support lets you easily drill down in to your project. Check out the list of sample projects that describes some templates that you can use to build up your own schedule. These templates are included in the GanttDiva installation package.
A full featured version of GanttDiva is also available and is one of the most affordable, fully featured, Excel based scheduling programs you can find (only 29$).
GanttDiva has the following major features and characteristics:
- GanttDiva makes use of autofiltering as an intuitive and easy to use mechanism to help a user drill down to any kind of view
- Full schedule logic support for Finish-Start, Finish-Finish and Start-Start relationships, including the ability to specify offset (ex FS+10 means a task will start 10 working days after the completion of its predecessor)
- Extensive reporting capabilities that are all based on data in the current filtered view
- A labour demand chart that is reflects the resource requirements of the current view of the project (paid version)
- A burn-down or burn-up report that determines progress based on the reported physical progress of all tasks in the view. An additional set of project metrics can also be generated (such as CPI, SPI, etc.). This type of report is often employed during Agile development to report progress (paid version)
- A Timeline report that generates a powerful visual representation of your project on one graph, based on the current filtered view. Choose from one of five available styles for your chart including the new Pert chart style (paid version)
- A Cashflow report that generates view of current and baseline cash flow based on your user defined cash milestones
- Commands to create and clear a project baseline and to display or hide baseline information on the Gantt chart
- An extensive help system that not only explains the commands and fields available, but also explains how to use the program and also a number of concepts that are related to the program. The help file grows with each new release in response to any questions or comments that users may have
- A user configurable calendar that allows a user to customize workdays, weekends and holidays. GanttDiva determines bases task durations and start and finish dates on workdays as per this calendar definition.
- Support copying and pasting blocks of tasks while doing smart updates to predecessor links (links within the same block of tasks being copied are treated as relative, while links to predecessors outside the block are treated as absolute)
- Support to import and export projects to any location with the current project space. The combination of copy, paste and import export, export capabilities allow a user to rapidly create a project plan by assembling and linking together schedule logic ‘widgets’
- All tasks, and milestones are drawn using vector graphics rather than just colouring cells. This improves the appearance of the chart, but also means that length of progress bars can be set to exactly map to the reported percent complete
- Lots of customization features available to allow the user to tailor the colours and appearance of the Gantt chart and reports
- Colour coding of each task based on project, resource type or task owner (paid version)
- And lots more…..
Check out the full list of features for more information.